• The public realm landscaping has been designed around three distinct character areas. • The dockside, including the historic Pump House square and Dockside Yard between plots A & B • The Riverfront has been designed as a semi-wild landscape, extending the Capital ring and taking advantage of spectacular views along the river towards the Thames estuary. • Two residential ‘garden’ squares are domestic in character, acting as an intimate & sheltered counterpoint to the exposed Dockside and Riverfront. In addition, private landscaped areas associated with accommodation plots will comprise: • Communal landscaped courtyards to Plots A and B. • Communal roof terraces to Plot F • All of the residential dwellings are provided with direct access to their own private amenity space in the form of a projecting balcony, inset balcony, wintergarden or terrace. • Projecting balconies are provided to most of the upper level apartments, located on the east and west elevations Plot A & B and north elevation of Plot F, allowing oblique views to the docks. • Inset balconies are provided for units more exposed facades facing onto the dockside. • Inset wintergarden terraces are provided on the southern elevation to Plot F, mitigating noise disturbance and heat gain to south facing bedrooms.
• Royal Albert Wharf is a new waterside community that forms part of the Albert Basin area in the historic Royal Docks, which will see over 9,000 homes built by 2027.
• Maccreanor Lavington prepared a hybrid application including a masterplan for the mixed use development in Royal Albert Wharf for 819 homes along with a detailed application for first phase delivering 350 homes.
• Reserved matters planning approval for was granted in late 2013
• The construction of phase 1 was completed in autumn 2017
|Developer:||Notting Hill Housing|
|Site size (ha):||4.1|
|Date of completion:||07/01/2017|
|Schedule of accommodation:||76 one-bed, 190 two bed, 71 three bed, 13 four bed|
|Tenure mix:||Market Sale 56%, Shared ownership 20.6%, Affordable rent 23.4%|
|Size of typical home:||70.2/100.9|
*All information published is as provided by the awards applicant