• The Double-height ground floor entry hall functions as a communal hub, providing a space for residentâ€™s to meet, home-work and socialise.
• At the 2nd and 5th floors two further double-height shared amenity spaces provide a small cinema and gym.
• Externally, as well as residents private external amenity spaces a shared terrace is located on the 8th floor which enjoys a south westerly aspect.
• In addition to the policy compliant storage space within individual apartments it is recognised that people have varying needs and therefore additional residents storage space is provided at basement level that can be allocated as desired.
The Application site was originally identified as ‘Block R’ within the Battersea Reach masterplan submitted by the Developer St George. This Outline Planning application received Permission in January 2008 with the majority of the masterplan having now been realised with the remaining phases, mainly fronting York Road, currently under construction. Although part of the original masterplan the application site was never developed by St George and was subsequently sold and acquired by our client, Angle Property Ltd., in early 2015
As outlined above the site was part of the original outline application and initially designated as commercial accommodation The permission set some design parameters that influence the design of the new building. These are:
- Building heights.
- Indicative massing – lower ‘book-end’ part of the building reflecting a similar arrangement on immediately adjacent Jasmine House.
- Set-back facades to York Road particularly at the higher levels.
These design parameters have been largely followed in the design of the new building.
|Developer:||Angle Property Ltd|
|Planning Authority:||London Borough of Wandsworth|
|Site size (ha):||0.18|
|Estimated date of completion:||01/01/2019|
|Schedule of accommodation:||36x1b 48x2b 5x3b|
|Tenure mix:||Discount market rate; 18 units - 17% of market rate|
|Size of typical home:||84|
*All information published is as provided by the awards applicant